Dear Medfield High School Alums:
I hope this note finds you well and enjoying the first days of the holiday season. I have always considered it a privilege to work in such a fantastic and supportive community…Medfield is truly a special place. Over the past seven years as Principal at the Blake Middle School and now at Medfield High School, I have had a front row seat to some amazing student accomplishments. Here are a few highlights:
- Academically, our students continue to score among the highest in the Commonwealth, which includes, SAT, ACT, AP exam, and MCAS scores. Last year, U.S. News and World Report awarded MHS with its Gold Award, the highest award it gives to a public high school.
- Our music department continues to receive national recognition and last year, our award winning Jazz band spent 10 days in China. The band members performed in concerts in Beijing, Bengbu, and Shanghai and held music clinics for students in various schools.
- Many of our art students have had their work displayed in galleries across New England.
- Our Theater Society continues to entertain us with unbelievable student performances.
- Our Athletic Department has reached unprecedented heights, including an amazing 17 state championships over the past 10 years.
No matter what year you graduated, in some way, each of you has contributed to the above-mentioned successes. I encourage you to not only stay active with your fellow alums, but also keep up with the latest happenings at MHS. You can follow us on Twitter @MedfieldHS and visit our website, www.medfield.net.
On Thursday at 10:00am, we will host Dover-Sherborn High School in the annual Thanksgiving Day football classic. You and your family are always welcome. When you’re in the area, don’t hesitate to stop by…your former teachers would love to see you.
On behalf of the staff at MHS, I want to sincerely wish you and yours a happy and safe holiday season.
Principal, Medfield High School
Follow on Twitter @MedfieldHS